MINING AND SOLID MINERALS LAW
Our lawyers have a comprehensive understanding of the local mining and resources sector and legal requirements, including the operating environment, commercial profit-drivers, and the social and political issues that face mining and resources companies.
Our lawyers are chosen by industry leaders in Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa to represent their most valuable interests.
Our extensive experience, practical industry knowledge, and specialist legal skills in mining and resources law means that we provide our clients with integrated, effective and relevant legal advice in the mining and resources sector and ensure that each client achieves their commercial objectives.
The firm handles resource exploration, development, and production. We provide legal services to assist with:
• Capital raising and project financing;
• Conducting due diligence of tenements, approvals, and agreements;
• Regulatory requirements;
• Contract negotiation and documentation including memoranda of understanding, joint venture agreements, strategic alliance agreements, farm-in agreements, sale and purchase agreements, option agreements, royalty agreements, access agreements and commodity agreements;
• Operational contracts including mining and construction contracts and other services, equipment and consumable supply, transport and handling contracts;
• Finance agreements with security over mining assets;
• Marketing, distribution, sales representation and off-take contracts;
• Infrastructure projects, access and construction agreements;
• Liaising with the relevant government departments in all necessary jurisdictions.