GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS / REGULATORY ISSUES
Our team understands government processes and drivers. We understand the importance of the political environment for our government clients and we know how government processes differ from private sector transactions.
We know how to work with government clients and the complex stakeholder environments in which they operate. Our team is experienced in balancing policy, market, legal, commercial, regulatory and logistical issues.
We use this knowledge to help our clients achieve their objectives – whether they be to achieve legislative and regulatory reforms, value for money procurements or the delivery of major transactions on time and within budget.
Our government services:
With offices in the Capital City and Commercial Centre of Nigeria we are well placed to advise our government sector clients on the full spectrum of legal issues they are likely to face, including:
• assisting with public sector projects such as privatizations, major infrastructure and procurement projects;
• developing policy and implementing legislative and regulatory reforms;
• working with regulatory bodies on the application of regulatory schemes;
• advising on the legislative frameworks within which statutory authorities and other government bodies operate;
• advising on public law matters including constitutional and administrative law issues; and
• acting on litigious matters including commissions and inquiries.
We also act for many private sector clients doing business with government. This gives us a clear understanding of the priorities, practices and expectations of the private sector in their dealings with government entities.
BOOK CONSULTATION TODAY